- This event has passed.
Healthy Luncheon – August
August 9 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm$5.00
BETTER BALANCE and Beyond!™
Whether we’re talking about sports performance, fall prevention, or maintaining an active, healthy life, having good BALANCE is essential.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (thanks to NCOA.org):
- One in four Americans aged 65+ falls each year.
- Falls are the leading cause of fatal injury and the most common cause of nonfatal trauma-related hospital admissions among older adults.
- Falls result in more than 2.8 million injuries treated in emergency departments annually, including over 800,000 hospitalizations and more than 27,000 deaths.
- In 2015, the total cost of fall injuries was $50 billion. Medicare and Medicaid shouldered 75% of these costs.
- The financial toll for older adult falls is expected to increase as the population ages and may reach $67.7 billion by 2020.
The fact is, almost every 50+ man and woman already has some degree of balance loss.
But, don’t worry. Hope is not lost! According to movement expert, Dori O’Rourke, “You can improve your balance at any age!”
As Dori says, “For most people, balance loss isn’t permanent. It’s simply something that needs to be improved.”
Join us Friday, August 9th for a fun and interactive program specially designed to help 50+ men and women improve their balance, turning, sitting, standing, walking, and more!
- How to test your balance
- How your balance rates with others
- The top 3 reasons most people lose balance
- The minimal balance you need to live a healthy life
- The most effective way to improve your balance
- 5 fun ways to improve your balance every day
- And more
Presented by one of our favorite speakers, Dori O’Rourke:
- Co-Founder/CEO SPORTS after 50™
- Certified ISSA Senior Fitness Specialist
- Creator, PLAYERS Club™ Movement Programs
- 30+ Year LPGA Teaching Professional
- Author, It’s NOT Your AGE!
As a special bonus, for those of you with internet access, Dori will also be giving you 3 great balance lessons you can do at home.
It’s going to be a fun, interactive event so dress comfortably and get ready to improve your balance.
Click Here to RSVP! Sign Me Up!
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Kirsten and Debbie