- This event has passed.
San Diego Senior Games – Golf
September 30, 2018
It’s time for the 2018 San Diego Senior Games GOLF competition.
Were you waiting for a change? Well, it’s here.
This year we will be teeing off at the beautiful Riverwalk Golf Club in San Diego on Sunday, September 30th, 2018.
Join us for the Opening Games Ceremony at The Front Porch Community – Carlsbad By The Sea on September 7th.
We look forward to seeing you there!
- Debora Williams 760-580-0017
- Rob Stillwagon 805-448-5115
- You have a choice of playing in either the Handicap OR Scratch divisions of the tournament.
- Both divisions will be offering medals for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place by age group – 50+, 55+, 60+, etc.
- We will be playing the ‘Presidio’ and ‘Mission’ nine hole tracks. They call it the ‘Presidio/Mission Rotation’.
- The groups will go off the first tee every 7 minutes starting around 10:00am.
- The tee times will be emailed a few days in advance.
- If you have a request to play with a certain person, please inform one of the golf Commissioner’s.
- The format of play will be 18-hole stroke play.
- The Dress Code is: “Country Club Attire”
- Collared Shirt
- No Denim
- Shorts are acceptable
- Soft Spikes only (no metal spikes)
- To play in the Scratch division:
- Any golfer can participate in the Scratch division. Gross score counts for this division.
- To play in the Handicap division:
- Only golfers who have a current USGA (or similar golf association) ‘Handicap Index’ are eligible to participate in the Handicap division.
- Players need to provide their GHIN (Golf Handicap and Information Network) number on the registration form. Prior to the tournament, the golfers ‘Handicap Index’ will be looked up on the GHIN database. This Handicap Index will be used to calculate the determine the ‘Course Handicap’ from the Course Handicap Conversion Tables. The Course Handicap is subtracted from the golfer’s Gross score, resulting in a Net score that counts for this division.
- A golfer’s Course Handicap will be indicated on the scorecard so they will know what the adjustment will be to calculate Net score.
- The tournament includes a ‘Closest to Pin’ and ‘Longest Drive’ contest with men’s and women’s divisions (all age groups combined).